Things to do in Omaha
Ideally situated in the vibrant urban community of Midtown Crossing at Turner Park, Element Omaha is surrounded by world-class shopping and dining all within walking distance of your guest room. Take advantage of all of the rejuvenating things to do in Omaha.
Venture out beyond Midtown Crossing to discover all of the unique adventures Omaha has to offer.
- Creighton University - Visit this traditional Catholic university that has maintained a beautiful campus since the 1880s.
- TD Ameritrade Park Omaha - Sports fans will enjoy seeing a game of baseball at this enormous stadium.
- University of Nebraska Medical Center - Enjoy close proximity to the University's variety of medical schools during your stay.
- Omaha's Henry Doorly Zoo and Aquarium - The world's largest indoor desert and nocturnal exhibits resides at Omaha's Henry Doorly Zoo and Aquarium. Along with one of the world's largest indoor rainforests, other world-class exhibits include the Scotts Aquarium, Hubbard Orangutan Forest and Gorilla Valley, Lozier IMAX® Theater, Durham's Bear Canyon, Berniece Grewcock Butterfly and Insect Pavilion and more.
- Lauritzen Gardens - Beauty and tranquility are found in 100 acres of outdoor gardens including a rose garden, Victorian garden, children’s garden and an arboretum. It also includes an indoor floral display hall, cafe and gift shop. Accessible.
- Wildlife Safari Park - A drive-through wildlife adventure! Explore miles of scenic prairies, wetlands, and North American wildlife as Lewis and Clark saw. Stretch your legs on a hiking trail and spot wolves, bears, birds and more.
Joslyn Art Museum -
- Nebraska's largest art museum, and one of the "10 Best Art Museums for Kids" in the nation (Child magazine). Permanent collections from antiquity to the present, with an emphasis on 19th- and 20th-century European and American art. Known
- around the world for works of Karl Bodmer in its collection of Art of the American West. Eight to ten special exhibitions per year, concerts, educational programs, and more. Extended hours and additional admission charged for some special exhibitions.
- Durham Museum - The Durham Museum, making its home in Omaha's beautiful art deco Union Station, houses an extraordinary array of permanent exhibits including restored train cars, 1940's storefronts, numerous artifacts showing the history of the region, and the Byron Reed collection which includes some of the world’s rarest coins and documents. There are also impressive traveling exhibits through The Durham’s affiliation with the Smithsonian and close ties with the Library of Congress, National Archives, and Chicago’s Field Museum. During your stay, be sure to stop by the authentic soda fountain and enjoy a phosphate or malt. Accessible.
- Omaha Children’s Museum - Get ready for the whole family to learn through play! Omaha Children’s Museum is the most visited museum in Nebraska and features outstanding interactive permanent exhibits focused on art, science and early childhood education. Exhibits include giant ball machines, a kid-sized grocery store, tire and auto service center, science and technology lab, maker-space, art studio and much more! Traveling exhibits, daily educational programs, special events, food and gift shop are also featured. Open year-round. Accessible.
- Bemis Center for Contemporary Arts - International artist-in-residence program located in the historic Old Market area. Artists from around the world live and work in the second-floor studios. Bemis Center galleries feature contemporary visual art exhibitions. Accessible. Free and Open to the Public.
- El Museo Latino - First Latino art and history museum and cultural center in the Midwest. View world-class permanent and traveling exhibitions featuring local, national and international Latino art and culture. Bilingual educational programs offered year round with exhibits, including workshops, lectures, demonstrations, with ongoing art, theater, dance and music classes. Performances and concerts by local and visiting artists and by Omaha's premier professional dance company, "CHOMARI" Ballet Folklorico Mexicano. Accessible.
- Union Pacific Railroad Museum - Railroad artifacts and interactive exhibits chronicle the history of America - from the construction of the first transcontinental railroad of the nation to our current high-tech rail transportation system.
- Strategic Air and Space Museum - The Strategic Air & Space Museum is home to an extraordinary collection of aircraft and Cold War artifacts that make it one of the premier aviation museums in the nation. Additionally, the museum presents national touring exhibits to provide new and interesting content that gives guests a unique experience each visit. The museum also offers many themed activities for guests including spectacular science demonstrations and family-friendly special events. Guided Public Tours; Flight Simulators; Museum Store; Snack Bar; Free Parking.
- Holland Performing Arts Center - Omaha's newest cultural landmark, which hosts the world's finest performing artists, as well as a variety of educational and outreach activities. Performance spaces include a 2,000-seat concert hall, 350-seat recital hall, and a semi-enclosed courtyard.
- Orpheum Theater - Professionally managed by Omaha Performing Arts, Omaha's celebrated Orpheum Theater has served as the home of the finest in local and national performing arts for nearly a century, including the best of Broadway's national touring companies. Located in Downtown Omaha, the Orpheum underwent a major $10 million renovation in 2002 and the ornate splendor of this magnificent theater was enhanced to better serve patrons and artists. A cornerstone of Omaha’s cultural history, this former vaudeville house was constructed in 1927. Recent renovations have restored its ornate splendor - and enhanced acoustics and views. Features a refurbished 2,600-seat proscenium theater.
- Omaha Community Playhouse - The Omaha Community Playhouse is the largest community theater in the nation and features local talent both on stage and behind the scenes and achieves production values comparable to a professional theater. The Howard Drew Theatre is a flexible Black Box theatre space with approximately 230 seats. The Howard and Rhonda Hawks Mainstage Theatre is a classic proscenium-style theater with 550 seats. The Omaha Community Playhouse offers 9 regular season productions accompanied with multiple special events during the season. For 85 years, the Playhouse has been a cultural gem in the city of Omaha.
- The Rose Theater - One of the largest children's theaters in the nation, serving more than 300,000 people each year at home and on a national tour. The company features eight to ten performances, including a holiday show and summer musical, as part of The Rose Theater's season of performing arts for children and families. Classes in acting, drama, and musical theater are offered year-round.
- Blue Barn Theater - A professional theater company known for its daring, progressive productions and powerful acting, now celebrating its landmark 25th anniversary season.
- The Waiting Room - Variety of live musical performances nearly every night of the week.
- Slowdown - 2007 Esquire Magazine's Club of the Year featuring nationally known Indie Rock bands.
- Sokol Auditorium and Underground - Hotspot for local and traveling Indie Rock bands
- Midtown Crossing - Explore over 225,000-square-feet of exciting and exceptional dining, shopping and entertainment. This vibrant scene is conveniently located in the heart of beautiful midtown Omaha. Check out all that Midtown Crossing has to offer >>
- Old Market - The Old Market is Omaha's most historic, most entertaining neighborhood. The cobblestone streets are home to a diverse mix of shopping, galleries, restaurants, taverns, and people-watching.
- Westroads Mall
- Village Pointe - Village Pointe is an upscale lifestyle development designed in a 'prairie style' concept distinctive to the Midwest. With an open-air lifestyle design that replicates a nostalgic Main Street shopping district, this shopping center allows vehicular access but creates a pedestrian environment.
- Oakview Mall
- Nebraska Crossing Outlets - Nebraska Crossing Outlets is a newly constructed state-of-the-art outlet center located in Gretna, Nebraska just outside of Omaha